Answer this, when you know that some tool is performing well and has the possibility to explode your profits, would you stay ignorant while watching others making use of that tool and earning or you would yourself incorporate it into your own marketing strategies?
The importance of Email Marketing can never be over-emphasized. If you are not employing this strategy in your business you are losing big money which your efforts and a bit of patience should earn you.
This article attempts to increase your knowledge as to why Email marketing is absolutely essential for a successful Internet Marketing Business, some facts from the past, what is its future and some tips on how you can effectively utilize this strategy. Hope it helps you earn more money.
When you spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on your marketing and send leads directly to the sales page, you are losing the opportunity to make better relations with them and make future profits. Working this way even if you get the sale and hence, the commission, you’re still leaving money on the table for the companies with whom you are associated as an affiliate. The customers you brought when purchase other products in future from that company you won’t get anything. It’s like you’re spending your money on advertisements to create the company’s list whose products you’re promoting on commission. Now, if that person is in your list and you send the info of new products, wouldn’t it be nice to get commission every time they purchase?
Email marketing is the primary strategy of most of the marketers. Let’s see what it can do for you in future.
(Most of the links below will open in new window/tab. I follow a system of opening within the website links in
Email is here to stay
According to in-depth study by Radicati Group
- The number of worldwide email users in 2015 will be nearly 2.6Bn which will increase to over 2.9Bn by 2019. Over one-third of worldwide population will be using email by 2019.
- The number of emails sent and received per day total over 205Bn in 2015 and would cross 246Bn in 2019. Email use continues to see strong use in the business world, as well as among consumers. The amount of consumer email continues to grow mainly due to its use for notifications (e.g. for online sales) rather than simply as an interpersonal communication tool.
- In 2015, the number of business emails sent and received per user per day total 122 emails per day. This figure continues to show growth and is expected to average 126 messages sent and received per business user by the end of 2019.
This proves that emails will spread the marketers’ reach and so the possibility of sales. Over one-third of worldwide population will be using email by 2019, how many customers do you need!
Facts from Year 2014
Let’s look at some of the stats from the year gone, 2014. This will strengthen your confidence in this tool.
- For every $1 spent on email marketing the average return is $44.25. Amazing, right! (Source: Email expert)
- The consumers who are marketed through emails spend 138% more than people who don’t receive email offers. How do You market your products? (Source: Convinceandconvert)
- Marketers consistently ranked email as the single most effective tactic for awareness, acquisition, conversion, and retention. What is your opinion? (Source: Gigaom Research)
- A recent study concluded that email is almost 40 times better at acquiring new customers than Facebook and Twitter. (Source: McKinsey & Company)
- 91% of consumers use email at least once a day. (Source: ExactTarget)
- When asked which medium consumers would like to receive updates from, 90% preferred an email newsletter, while only 10% chose Facebook. (Source: Nielsen Norman Group)
- 44% of consumers made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email they received. (Source: Convince and Convert)
If you are running a business without using Email Marketing service, I strongly suggest to do it now. We just saw customers’ behavior is inclined towards this strategy, let’s make use of it and earn more profits.
Email Marketing strategies
You can’t deny, not after reading above facts from 2014 alone and future prospects of email communications, that email marketing is absolutely necessary if we are serious about our business. I hope you already have taken the step and registered an account. The company I prefer is TrafficWave.net due to these reasons.
You can also refer this step-by-step guide for getting comfortably started with email marketing.
Let’s take your attention to some tips which would help you being effective in your email marketing and earning money.
Use of opt-in forms – at most visited places
If you have a website or blog then using the opt-in form is the basic thing to do to capture email ids and head towards building long term relations with your subscribers. The question is where to put those opt-in forms so that it converts effectively.
Simple strategy is to use these at the most popular places in your website. Now, you do not need to guess these places. Make use of analytical tools like Google analytics, read your reports and then use them. Sometimes you will be shocked to see what the most visited places in your websites are.
You should be cautious not to use the opt-in form at every place though. Play with these, and then test your results.
Custom landing pages
If you are using the default landing pages/messages provided by Auto-responder companies, that could be a mood-kill for your subscribers. Look at the screenshot below for an example, doesn’t it look boring!
You can make a page on your website and send your subscribers to that in place of default page. You can give that page a professional look and also include other things like some offers, invitation to your FB community/Fan Page etc. depending upon your marketing strategy. If you have subscribed to my website’s updates you would know what I am saying here.
A little effort can go a long way to make better impression on your subscribers.
It is the most important communication piece with your subscribers. This is the first mail which you send to them. It should be nicely and professionally written. This could prove to be the deciding point whether your subscribers will open your future mails or not.
So how to draft that? The following points may help.
- You can give your introduction in the first place.
- You can inform them what the further mails will include like more tips or free offers, occasional promotional mails (depending upon your strategy).
- You can inform them how many subscribers are receiving your letters. If you have a substantial list, this would make a nice impression on your new subscriber.
- You may offer them to connect with you at other places like FB or Google+ community etc.
The more your subscribers interact with you, the better it is for the growth of your business. Hence, form your letters in such a way that it encourages interaction.
Ask questions like feedback on any service you provided or your website in general, any improvements they want to see, enquire about their struggles and how they want you to help them etc. By including these questions in your autoresponder letters you will get continuous material for improvements and ideas to write articles in your blog.
Remind people when and what they subscribed for
It is very much possible, in fact probable that your subscriber is also subscribed to scores of other marketers’ lists. So it’s a smart idea to remind them what they subscribed for. This will do away with the risk of unsubscribing or marking your mails as spam.
Consider the smartphone element
64% of decision makers read emails via mobile devices( Source: Email expert). This stat can be ignored only at your own peril. People access mails on mobile the screen of which is small, this means longer scrolling efforts. Hence, your mail should be scan able. Hence, it’s important to use features like bold, italic, colors, headings and sub headings etc to highlight important points of your mails. Send a mail to yourself / or proofread the mail and see what it looks like on your mobile.
I hope incorporating these strategies help you in your business.
So, marketers who are employing email marketing in their strategy would be one step ahead of their competitors. The future stats are in favor of email marketers. Are you one of them?